History of Wastewater Treatment Plant.
The original Clinton wastewater Treatment Plant was constructed in the 1940's. The plant provided primary treatment consisting of grit removal, primary settling tanks, chlorination, sludge digestion and dewatering of sludge. In the original plant sand and other heavy inorganic solids were removed from the wastewater in the grit chamber. The effluent from the grit chamber entered the primary clarifier where suspended solids settled. The settled water was then chlorinated and discharged to the Raisin River. Settled solids from the clarifiers were digested, then dewatered on sludge drying beds prior to disposal.